Do air purifiers really work? After 1 year, I want to tell you the truth!
by jackjack on Oct 13, 2023
With the improvement of the quality of life, everyone has more pursuit for their own living environment and health, some home appliances that can significantly improve their living conditions have become the direction of many consumers to buy, and air purifiers are currently one of the more hot categories. But do you really know how to choose an air purifier? Do you know how an air purifier works? Why change the filter element regularly? After reading this article you will understand everything!
First, how does the air purifier work?
The core components of mainstream air purifiers on the market are composed of motor fans + filter devices.
Second, why should we regularly replace the filter element to clean the filter?
An important maintenance method for air purifiers is to regularly replace the filter element and clean the filter screen, which is related to the working principle of the air purifier we said above. The motor fan affects the air volume, circulation efficiency and working noise, etc., and the filter screen and filter element are the fundamental factors that determine the purification quality and purification fineness of the air. When the air purifier is used for a long time, the filter element will be adsorbed by a large amount of dust and bacteria, which is why after the air purifier is used for a long time, you find that the purification efficiency of the machine is attenuated, and even the air purifier originally used for purification is covered with pollutants and bacteria and viruses, but it has become a hidden source of pollution. The life of the filter element is usually expressed by CCM, CCM as an important parameter of the air purifier, represents the continuous purification capacity of an air purifier, and is also a quantitative indicator of the total amount of purification, with P4 level as the best.
If the air purifier filter element is not replaced regularly or in time, along with the accumulation of air purification amount, pollutants will also be dynamically adsorbed on the filter element. After all, in the purification process of the filter element, it is unavoidable to be adsorbed by dust and debris, so regular cleaning of the filter and replacement of the core filter element are necessary operations.
Third, what are the indicators for choosing an air purifier? How to choose a good air purifier?
1, filter structure comparison: above we mentioned that the working principle of the air purifier is the motor fan + filter device, then the structure of the filter element is very important. Next, let's take the CleanForce air purifier as an example to introduce the filter elements of the purifier and their functions.
The CleanForce air purifier has a 10-layer filtration system with five layers on each side.
1. The first layer can be washed coarse filter, filter hair, dander, PM10 and other large particles, the filter can be cleaned regularly, dry and then used, which can also extend the use time of the composite filter to 4300 hours.
2. Blue anti-bacterial cloth filter element: it can eliminate allergens and remove dust mites in depth up to 98%.
3. H13 medical grade filter element: It can filter 99.97% of ultra-fine particles less than 0.1 micron, and remove DNA/RNA bacterial viruses.
4. Black composite infiltrated modified activated carbon filter element: decomposition and adsorption of formaldehyde, benzene, xylene, TVOC and other decoration pollutants, removal rate of more than 99%.
5. Nano photocatalytic coating filter element: the photocatalytic oxidation technology combined with photocatalytic technology and visible light sensitive China technology can greatly and continuously remove formaldehyde, benzene, TVOC and other harmful gases.
2, purification accuracy, efficiency comparison: in terms of purification accuracy, the filter structure determines the purification accuracy of the air purifier, and the filtration accuracy of the general filter is about 0.3 microns. CleanForce uses the H13 medical grade filter element, which filters 99.97% of ultrafine particles smaller than 0.1 micron. In terms of purification efficiency, CleanForce can purify 17 cubic meters per minute, with 928m/h particulate matter CADR, 621m/h formaldehyde CADR high-performance purification capacity, the continuous purification capacity of the air purifier reaches the national P4 level, and the whole house can be purified 5 times in 1 hour.
Everyone to buy an air purifier, not only to look at the filter material and the number of layers of the purifier, CADR, CCM, energy efficiency level, noise is also to look at the four important parameters, and finally according to their own needs, choose the right air purifier.
- Higher Efficiency Performance - Fresh your air in minutes: Featuring high CADR of 191 cfm/ 325m³/h for home large rooms, effectively clean air of 1490 sq.ft. in one hour, 745 sq.ft. in 30 minutes, 310.4 sq.ft. in 12.5 minutes. Compact and lightweight, perfect for small to large rooms, bedrooms, living room, offices, basements, family rooms and kitchens.
- Powerful 5-Stage Filtration System - Combines Washable Pre-filter, H13 True HEPA Filter, Novel Blue Filter, Honeycomb Activated Carbon Filter and Cold Catalyst Filter, Captures 99.97% of air pollutants as small as 0.3 microns like dust, pollen, smoke, hair and household odors.
- Know your air quality – With the built-in PM2.5 sensor, this machine detects indoor air quality in real-time and adjusts fan from 1, 2, 3 fan speeds to ensure optimal air quality; Brightly LED indicator displays air quality status as good (blue), moderate (green), unhealthy (orange) or very unhealthy (red).
- More Advanced Features - ⁕Sleep Mode ⁕Timer Mode ⁕Filter Replacement Indicator ⁕3 Fan Speed Settings. Set a timer for 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours whenever you like. The Filter Replacement Indicator will remind you of replacing the filter. Adjustable 3 fan speeds for different environment. Handle in the back for easy movement. And Two sides inhaling more pollutants. Touch screen easy to use.
- Quiet Sleep Mode - Less noise and energy-saving: Keep the OkSOU-Apollo S630 Air Purifier running throughout the night. Sleep mode operates with lowest fan speed (only 23dB) and display off, cleaning your air but not affecting your sleep. It’s also extremely energy-saving at sleep mode as it’s running in lower power. Set up to sleep mode when you are sleep, studying, working or whenever you want to enjoy a quiet and clean ambiance.
- Superior Safety - 2-year warranty plus lifetime US-based customer support. CETL, FCC Listed. 100% ozone-free air cleaner.